Isn't it funny how when you used to go to a movie - before baby - you would position yourself in just the right spot - exact center! Popcorn on the left. Drink on the right. Seat reclined at just the right angle. No one in front of you. No ten gallon cowboy hats. No one on a cell phone within ear shot. You pay attention to each preview - rating each one. Watch every detail of the movie - preparing a mental review. Everything had to be JUST right. Now my only question when I'm buying a movie ticket - with baby - "Which movie has sold the fewest tickets?" That's the movie we see! :) I'm not complaining though because I don't know any other 14-month olds who will go to a movie with mom and dad. (Those days might be numbered though or atleast limited to animated movies - which is fine!) So when B and I do ever get the chance to see a movie together, alone, it's quite an event! We stock up on popcorn, treats and drinks and enjoy it!
Last night we had a date night and went to see Brad Paisley in concert - really good show! And to top it all off, this morning the boys went out and gave me a morning to myself! I went to see a chick flick and enjoyed every ounce of my popcorn, diet Coke and especially... my own armrests... two of them. All for me! Oh and I even had time to use the rest room... ALONE!!! It was heavenly. Then I came back down to reality and was greeted at home with a big toothy grin and a poopy diaper... and I wouldn't have it any other way! Well, maybe minus the poopy diaper part but other than that... nothin'!
8 years ago
1 comment:
All I can say is - don't get to use to all of that freedom. Kids grow up with the innate sense that anything that mom has belongs to them too, i.e., food, sodas, ice cream, and yes - even popcorn. When you least expect, you'll turn to do something - and walla - your dink has little bits of toast or cereal floating on top while little Mr. Precious looks at you with those beautiful, innocent, angel eyes. Not even the bathroom is a private refuge any longer. Oh! The Joys of Motherhood. The one redeeming fact is that it is all worth it!!
Post a Comment