Thursday, July 23, 2009

Diving Board


^ Practicing kicks before class.

Today was our last day of swimming lessons. We finally got a sunny, warm day so E was in such a good mood and loved being in the pool today. He did great! At the end of the class the teacher said, "So would we like to do the diving board?" Uhhhh what!? I about had a heart attack right there but then he explained. He goes in the pool and waits to catch them and the parents go out on the diving board with the child and kinda hand them off. Like they're hanging while we're holding their arms, putting them down to him. I wasn't too thrilled with the idea but once we walked over to watch the other kids, of course E had to do it. When it was our turn he marched out there with little steps, holding my hands and then away he went! lol The second time I was feeling a little more brave so I let him get a little air. Agghhh! I was really nervous but his head stayed above water and he loved it. Figures!

He also got the hang of holding his breath for going under. He started with just getting his chin wet and blowing bubbles. Then he would get his ears wet by dipping his head in at each side. Then the back of his head. Once he was comfortable I let him jump in to me and let his chin and mouth get wet. Then the next time I let his little head go under while I caught him!!! He did great and didn't swallow any water and now he knows that when he jumps in he has to hold his breath. I still hate it though - makes me nervous! lol!!! So we don't do it all the time. ;)

Anyway, that was our excitement for the day - the diving board!

Oh and also today we were out playing with the chalk and E had me drawing all kinds of different things. So then he starts naming off his Grandparents and... well... now we have a mural of the grandparents out on our patio. The cutest thing - after I drew them he looked, smiled and gave them a kiss. LOL!

No comments: