Friday, December 12, 2008

Tulsa Night Life

We stopped in Tulsa on our way to Dallas tonight. (I know what your thinking - Tulsa - could we be more wild!? :p ) Bubby did great on the drive. He watched some movies on his DVD player but what kept him entertained the most was a DVD of recorded Cowboys games. (A point for Daddy for having that on hand.) The little boy loves his sports. When we got to the hotel tonight we were flipping channels and he spotted a basketball game. I flipped past it so he went up to the TV and hit a button like he was telling me to leave it! So I turned it back and he was happy. Forget Barney! (Thank Goodness!)

In other random news... Did you ever notice the signs for tolls out here? They give you like 100 miles of warning. We were driving along and a big bright yellow sign says APPROACHING TOLL, CARS - $3.50, SEMI - HAND OVER YOUR 401K. So I start fumbling for money and then notice the bottom line... IN 68 MILES. Uhhh, thanks for that huge warning. It's like a giant crystal ball on the side of the road. Oh and even better are the signs that say ACCIDENT AHEAD, PREPARE TO STOP. So there was an accident and they had someone go put signs up for it... but they haven't cleared it out of the way yet??? Someones car is mangled and the cops are busy putting up signs? Then as we got closer it changed from ACCIDENT to INCIDENT. What's that mean? Is that like when the terrorist threat level goes from Orange to Light Orange? "It was an accident but now we've swept up the glass... QUICK, go change the signs!!!"

Ok, I'm all done now - Pat's the only one who will enjoy this post anyway. And that's why I love her so. :p

3 comments:

Tamra said...

Tulsa! Do you realize you drove SOOO close to my house! :)

Momma E said...

Are you serious!? We could have had a playdate! :)

rizeandshine said...

Lol, I do love this post. Loved the last one about the slippers too. hehe I am just now getting caught up on blogs. I'm never online anymore!

BTW, belated happy birthday to you! Hope you had a good time. Merry Christmas and a fantastic new year!!!