Merry Christmas all! We had a great Christmas and enjoyed spending it at home together... in our jammies. :)
After our Dallas trip, little E caught a cold - runny nose and a little cough. We went in to the doctors on Christmas Eve and they said it was most likely a virus or a cold and that his ears and chest looked fine. (They also swabbed for strep and that was negative.)
We went about our Christmas festivities and last night I noticed that he was getting a little wheezy/winded and that his cough was getting worse. I spoke with the nurses this morning and they said whenever it has to do with their breathing to bring them in right away - so in we went! They did more swabs - tested for RSV and the flu and both were negative, no ear infections. She said it was probably just a virus but because his breathing was a bit labored they gave him a nebulizer/arbuteral treatment... to which he screamed and cried for the whole five minutes. It really seemed to help so we got a prescription to do the breathing treatments at home. Since we have such a good doctor, she decided to do chest x-rays just to be sure. We had to go over to the hospital for that and that included a little more crying, but only because I had to take his cell phone away during the x-rays! :p That was over quick and we went back to the doctors office so she could talk with us and look over the x-rays. Turns out he has PNEUMONIA! :( My poor baby! She said there are a few patchy areas on the x-rays and a little fluid in the lungs. She also said it was a good thing that we brought him back in and that Momma always knows best - well duh! :p
So, that was our exciting morning! We headed to WalMart and stocked up on sick supplies and picked up his prescription for some heavy duty antibiotics. He feels and sounds horrible but hopefully the medicine will kick in soon.
Other than being sick we had a great Christmas. E got so much fun stuff. He was in major toy overload with all the new things to play with. He got a GeoTrax train set, Duplos, Bristle blocks, tons of Matchbox cars, a race track, lots of goodies.
Right now I'm trying to get him to take a nap but I don't think it's gonna happen... so I better run. :)
1 comment:
Aww, that sucks that little E has been so sick! I hope he's feeling tons better and can enjoy all that Santa brought for him!
Post a Comment