Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Baby

I never minded being a Christmas baby - not like I had any say in the matter - but I've always thought it was fun. When I was a kid and itching for Christmas presents, it was always great to be able to open a few birthday presents just to hold me over. Plus there was always the birthday party/slumber party. We would always go to the skating rink - decked out in out little mini skirts, tights and matching leg warmers of course. (Yes I am a proud 80's child.) I would invite about 5 of my closest friends and we would skate the night away, have a pizza party and then go back to our house for the slumber party. Most years there was snow on the ground and sometimes everyone even got snowed in at my house - that's the coolest thing when you're a little kid. "What if you have to live here for weeks??? What if you have to live here forever!?!?!" Then of course my favorite part was getting all our sleeping bags (Strawberry Shortcake all the way) arranged perfectly in the living room - right under the Christmas tree. I'm not sure how much we actually slept but we always loved being camped out under the lights. Ahhh the memories.

Tonight we made some more memories as I celebrated with my two favorite boys who showered me with all kinds of fun presents and lots of birthday love. I've got nothing left to wish for when I blow out my candles these days! ;)

3 comments:

Brandie said...

OK that little story seriously made me cry...Dont ask why lol

Happy Birthday E!! I didnt know you had a December/Christmas Birthday too!!!!! Im so excited that we have ANOTHER thing in common lol

Stalk ya Later :p

Bets said...

Aww - sweet! Happy Birthday!

Marlana said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!