
So today we were at E's gym class, sitting in our little circle and the teacher asks everyone what they're going to be for Halloween. Everyone is naming lots of cutesy things like monkeys, pumpkins, lady bugs, puppy dogs, skeletons. So, I'm thinking. "Great, am I the only one who picked a humorous, superhero/evil villain type costume? Should I not be so goofy and different? Should I lie and say he's a puppy too!?" Oh forget it - different is good right? So, I proudly say "Darth Vader... and possibly a football player - we can't decide on just one costume." :)
It reminded me of when I was little and my mom took me shopping for shoes to go with my Easter dress. Supposedly I fell in love with some bright red Superman shoes and just HAD to have them. (I had good taste!) Luckily she was able to talk me out of wearing them to church WITH the dress at least. I guess I had a shoe thing... a superhero shoe thing. ? Or maybe I just had a superhero thing...
Halloween 1981
1 comment:
I think it's great to be unique!! Of course, this is coming from a Star Wars crazed house! His costume is super cute!
Post a Comment