Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Charles Edward Cheese

We went to Chuck E. Cheese today and had lots of fun. The little man ran wild and played lots of games. While we were eating lunch, sitting under a ginormous, framed picture of Mr. Chuck E. Cheese himself, B and I had this very intellectual conversation:

B: What do ya think the "E" stands for?

Me: Edward. Charles Edward Cheese...

At that moment we knew E would be rolling his eyes if he knew how. Instead he just giggled along with us as we laughed. He always laughs with us ya know, likes to be in on all our silly jokes.

So, of course I Googled it and supposedly the "E" stands for Entertainment. Chuck Enertainment Cheese??? I think Edward sounds much better. And frankly, I'm saddened that Mr. & Mrs. Cheese fell prey to the marketing scams of this world. Unless Chuck has a Grandpa named Entertainment then there's no excuse.

No comments: