Thursday, September 18, 2008

LOST Theories

I think everyone who knows me already knows that I am a total LOST addict. So whenever I can get me some LOST - I'm happy. Whether it be watching it, thinking about it, going over all kinds of theories or just chatting with friends about all the weirdness and coolness that is LOST.

I was reading this article today. (Why? I have no idea. I guess I clicked on it because I was concerned that Earth could be destroyed soon and if so, I want to be prepared. You know, make sure you have clean underwear and stuff... ) And I am now %100 convinced that this is what is on the island! An atom smasher... lol

"Just how big is this thing?

The LHC is an underground ring about 17 miles (27 kilometers) long, running through parts of both Switzerland and France. Inside are 9,300 magnets guiding two beams of particles around the circle in opposite directions until they smash into each other, spewing out loads of energy and hopefully some new and exciting particles"

Ahhh ha! And here's another little tidbit about radiation...

"Why does it have to be underground?

The planet shields the accelerator from radiation that could interfere with the experiments. Not to mention buying that much land above ground would have been really expensive! "

They could also explain the moving of the island with the whole black hole thing that's mentioned in the article.

Yea... I really miss LOST!!! :)

No comments: