Last night I was was rocking E before bed. (He goes to sleep on his own once I put him in his crib but I was just getting some extra snuggle time in!) So I'm pushing his hair back, rubbing his little noggin, rocking him and he's loving on my arm, going back and forth with his hand - petting me. lol (Actually we call it "Do Nice" now. He was going thru this thing of getting really excited and pinching like he just couldn't contain his joy so we say "No, no... do nice" and we over exaggerate and pet his arm back and forth to show him what to do instead. He picked up on it real fast and now whenever I see that look in his eyes that says, "I'm gonna pinch the dookie outta your arm!" I can quickly see his brain process it all and then remember, "Do nice." So instead of the jaws of life pinch, we get the Do Nice, petting - much better!) Anyway, last night he was doing that to my arm while I was rocking him but he was doing it really fast and it just cracked me up and I wondered if he was hearing "DO NICE" in his head while he was doing it? lol "DO NICE DO NICE DO NICE" Or did he actually prefer to be pinching instead but since he's such a good listener he was showing me that he could DO NICE instead??? I started laughing and then he started laughing and we giggled back and forth for a good 20 minutes before I finally put him down.
So I hate to say it but I think he has inherited the inappropriate-laugh-in-church-or-any-other-quiet-place-gene from his goofy parents...
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment