Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The Oatmeal Incident

Mmmhmmm, you already know where this one is going...

Every night before bed, E has some oatmeal for a snack - usually mixed in with some applesauce and cinnamon, sometimes just applesauce. Anyway, tonight I made him his bowl of oatmeal and he sat at the table with his milk and started eating. I go in the other room to check on Daddy who is sore and in some pain with kidney stones. (That's a whole other story - ER, hospital, kidney stones - ouch!) So I hear E laughing. I figure he is making himself laugh by picking up the oatmeal in the spoon and watching it PLOP back down into the bowl. That's something he started the other day - hilarious new material for my little comedian. So I go back to the kitchen to find the dogs circling as always except this time they're covered in something... yes, OATMEAL! I glance up to E and find him splattered with oatmeal - on his head, his ears, his hands, everywhere. It's also splattered on the table and the floor... and the wall... and the chairs... and don't forget the dogs... it's splattered all over their backs!!! That's what really set it off for me and I had to really contain myself and try not to break into uncontrollable laughter. Here are the dogs, acting like they haven't eaten in months, circling the floor, licking up all the oatmeal that E has flung at them, laughing the whole time. Plus they have globs of it on their backs and they don't even care!!! lol!!!!!!! Of course E is smiling at me like - HIYA MOM! WHAT'S NEW? I know I should have gotten the camera out but I was kinda STANDING IN OATMEAL. And I didn't want him to know I was laughing inside... or else it would become a daily event. LOL

Sooo that was our fun filled activity before bed... oh and before a BATH! I do have to thank the dogs though - after I wiped it off their backs I really didn't have that much more to clean up! :p I don't know how people have a toddler without a dog.

No comments: