Friday, April 10, 2009

Easter Weekend

We are visiting the family for Easter weekend and I seemed to forget everything on this trip... pack n play, wearable blanket. Those are two major things for a peaceful night! And this is also the first time we've travelled since E is out of his crib and in a toddler bed. We planned on using the pack n play instead. Anyway, we went out and bought a pack n play that he slept in for about 4 hours and woke up crying. I was too tired so we plopped in bed together. He slept like that for another couple hours and of course I couldn't. Firstly because I was just staring at him for a while thinking how nice it was to snuggle with him and sleep - we never co-sleep! Secondly because his foot was up my nose. Then I suddenly remembered why we don't co-sleep! He woke up again so we changed a diaper and snuggled some more. Then he was wide awake and excited to be in bed with mommy so he figured we should talk about it. He showed me all kinds of things - pillow, fan, light, arm, shirt. It was like a hostage situation. "Sir, please, if you go to sleep we will serve you a smorgasbord of Froot Loops, every morning, for 7 straight days! Let's be rational here!" Then I figured he was going to have to get in the crib and I would just have to keep a close eye on him to make sure he didn't climb out. Then he finally went to bed! At that point I could hear everyone getting ready for work downstairs so I was very glad he slept for another 4 hours. Tonight we are sticking with our normal crib routine and just watching him closely to make sure he doesn't jump out. So far so good. Zzzzzz!

Tomorrow I think we're gonna go on an Easter egg hunt! :) E is having fun visiting. He likes to see his Nana and Pa Pa and his Aunt and Uncle! He loves to hang out with the boys and work on cars too! :)

No comments: