8 years ago
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Rabbit Drama
I can't remember if I ever wrote about this before but we always have some kind of rabbit drama around here. Years ago we found 2 little nests with babies inside and spent weeks making sure they were covered and safe until they were old enough and gone. Then we always find them in our yards nibbling on our grass and messing up our mulch. lol This morning at about 5:30 we heard a horrible squawking which I assumed was some kind of nutso bird so I ignored it until it stopped. (I was tired but now I feel really bad for ignoring it! lol) This morning I went to let the dogs out and found a rabbit stuck in a piece of lattice right at our steps out back. (It's a piece of lattice we use to block a gap in the fence and keep the dogs in. The rabbits knock it out of the way sometimes to sneak into the back yard.) I guess this time he got stuck instead! :( So I panic and want to go right out to help it but I figure it would scare it more and if it was hurt, I didn't want to see that! I called Wildlife Rescue and then she asked me some questions. When I peeked out the window to look again he was FREE! lol Except he was sitting under a bush... resting? So they said just to let him be and if he doesn't leave by lunch time to give them a call back and they will come help him. *Siiiiiigh* So now we're just waiting and seeing what he does. He is hobbling around under the bush and hopefully he will leave soon on his own... because I don't want to go scoop him up into a box for the rescue people! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Soooo glad I only have Scorpion & Rattle Snake Drama...No Rabbits! LOL
I hope the little guy is ok!
I think I would have a fit and collapse if I had scorpion or rattle snake problems!!! Yikes!
Good news - we came home from running errands and he was gone! Hopefully after a while out in the back yard, sun bathing with no one bothering him, he felt better. lol When we left he was sprawled out napping (BREATHING) ... rough night! LOL
Post a Comment